I don’t want to give too much away, but [the season 9 finale] was a bit of an […]
Watch the Arrow Season 2 Finale “Unthinkable” tomorrow, Wednesday, May 14 on the CW network Tomorrow is the […]
Episode 09×21 Or the Abaddon/Crowley Smackdown
After last week’s detour of an episode, it was nice to see our boys back in the driver’s seat again. With only three episodes left in the season, “King of the Damned” began wrapping up the many, many plotlines we’ve seen developing throughout season 9.
Here is what happened in “King of the Damned” in eleven sentences:
- Castiel, commander in chief to the renegade angels, captures one of Metatron’s lackeys (and commander!Castiel is a sexy sight for sore eyes).
- Cas calls in the Winchesters to “interrogate” the angel and when Sam & Dean arrive, he hugs them (and we all squeed).
- Sam and Dean play “mean girls” and manipulate information out of Metatron’s lackey (to the writers: please take note of the proper way of breaking the fourth wall, see “The Real Ghostbusters” and “The French Mistake” for reference).
- Crowley has a son that Abaddon kidnaps from the 18th century so she can manipulate the King of Hell.
- Crowley and Abaddon team up to eliminate the Winchesters because apparently their personal vendetta can wait.
- Dean and Sam retrieve the First Blade, as per Crowley’s instructions; they learn that Crowley has a hellhound named “Juliet.”
- Concurrently, Castiel and Gadreel have a chat in the woods, and I can’t really remember what was said because of their voices that are like caramel-covered sex.
- Abaddon backstabs, errr shoots, Crowley (surprise surprise).
- Back in the woods, Metatron sends assassins for Castiel, and Gadreel joins Team Cas (or so we think?)
- Dean kills Abaddon with the First Blade and then refuses to give it up when Sam asks him to (in Crowley’s words, “I sense drama.”)