It is the Collective’s ever-present mission to bring you new and interesting content from all areas of geek culture. Whether we fangirl over the latest Netflix hotness (we love a sassy devil), explore female and LGBTQ+ empowerment within subcultures and literature, or meltdown over The Avengers, we hope you’ve found a home here with kindred spirits who possess the same passions.
This is why we’re beside ourselves to finally announce a new blog section focused on gaming! Members of The Collective crew have been “gamers” since childhood, and we’re super stoked to share our adventures with you. Read on to find out what to expect in the coming months.
All We Are Saying is Give Games a Chance
The best thing about gaming is that it is truly for everyone. And it can be as intense or as mindless as you like! There are so many different types of games. Whether you play cards at family functions, attend virtual concerts and ride on rockets in Fortnite (what even is this game?), roleplay with friends, or just need a way to kill a few hours in line at the DMV, gaming is the perfect pastime.
not a gamer? here are some reasons to convert:
- Fun and engaging stuff to play by yourself, with a partner, or with a group
- Apps or paper based games for when you’re bored, but don’t want complexity
- Cool and influential people who game
- surprising trivia and how to find games that resonate with your tastes
- gaming-related books, comics, music, art, and food
- awesome charities and events that help support worthy causes
- Memes. So many memes. Loads of memes actually arise from within the gaming community, and more are being made every day.
We Love Games and We Don’t Care Who Knows
If you’re already flying the gamer flag loud and proud, we’re ready to join you. We look forward to discussing casual games you may not have run across before, and we’re excited to dig into unique gameplay and storylines that somehow make you want to both punch and hug your screen (or flip your table) at the same time…100% looking at you, Undertale.
Additionally, we’re looking forward to covering the following for you (and maybe with you?):
- Diverse careers in the video game, tabletop, or board game industries
- Streaming platforms and rad content creators with friendly communities
- Conventions and special competitions
- Game-related movies, TV and online shows
- New games to get HYPED about
Hey, What’s That Behind Door Number Three?
If all of that isn’t enough, I plan on sharing adventures through games I’ve never played before (you’ll find me on the interwebs as “Zelwing”)—plus revisit all-time favorites—via in depth reviews, playthrough videos, and live streams. Possibly in cosplay, maybe with some friends. You never know. Should be worth the watch, even if only for the luls. Details on Youtube and Twitch content coming soon!
Are you ready to kick names and take ass with us?
Let’s do this.
What’s your favorite game and why? Let us know in the comments or tweet us @collectivenerds.