In case you missed it, last week gave us the premiere of the season 4 trailer for the post-apocalyptic drama The 100. Haven’t seen it 100 times yet? Watch it now. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
Where to even begin? After the intense cliffhanger at the end of season 3, fans have been impatient to know what is in store for our favorite delinquents (and I don’t just mean in terms of shipping wars). Looking at the trailer, I for one am hopeful that this new season will be better than the last. Here are the top five things that made me gasp and/or shout at my computer during this sneak peek.
- The very possible annihilation of mankind—for good, this time. We have no idea what the rest of the world looks like at this point. Now that Mount Weather has been essentially blown to bits, are there any safe places left at all? And if there are, could they possibly withstand the radiation? We know that Skaikru and the Grounders can withstand a certain amount of trace radiation, but they’ve never experienced anything like what ALIE foretold.
- Raven and Octavia, two of the most interesting characters I’ve seen on my screen in years. And in the trailer we see Raven running. RUNNING. On her bad leg. Meanwhile Octavia looks more badass than ever, although I fear that also means that her relationship with Bellamy is permanently altered.
- The return of Prince Roan. Excuse me, KING Roan.
- Lexa…maybe? Not in the form we all came to know and love, but it looks like the City of Light chip is still floating around.
- That Bellarke moment. If you’re a shipper, you know the one I’m talking about. Do I even need to break it down for you?
In the end, what can we guarantee? That there will be tensions surrounding Skaikru, from within and without, as people disagree about what is right or wrong. There will be stupid decisions, betrayals, and plot twists. Oh, and don’t forget brutal and unexpected deaths. I’m ready. Are you?
May we meet again,
The Collected Mutineer