‘Quel re, my dear collectibles. In celebration of
MartinFreemanthe premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug later this week, I’ve decided to unofficially make The Collective blog hobbitized (translation: The Collectiva Diva and the Collected Canadian have no part in my obsession…for now).
Today’s focus: Middle-earth fashion. Since the release of LotR: FotR twelve years ago (wow I feel old), the world has been inundated with Tolkienish clothes, accessories, knibknobs and whatsamacallits. Here are some of my favorites, and, as a bonus, they also make excellent holiday presents (hint hint).
- The Lord of the Rings My Precious t-shirt $25.00
- The One Ring skirt, custom-made $58.94, RoobyLane on etsy.com
- You Shall Not Pass undies, $10.99 by wearARTthounow on etsy.com
- Lord Elrond costume, $89.00, by The HouseofZuel on etsy.com
- Boromir cosplay, $433.73, by TheCenturiesChest on etsy.com
- Eowyn’s white dress, $250.00, by Aranel on etsy.com
- Hobbit door necklace, $26.00, by TempletonTreasures on etsy.com
- For the Tookish baby, $28.99, by MithrilSheep on etsy.com
- Martin Freeman’s face, $24.23 on redbubble
I’ve just added half these things to my Christmas list. Don’t worry, Martin, you’re at the top of the list.
Disclaimer: I own none of the images, some of the clothes, but not Martin Freeman’s face.
- The Collectiva Diva’s Guide To Geek Chic Giving (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- The Collectress is Thankful For… (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman: ‘Hobbit’ Premiere! (justjared.com)