I am admittedly not much of a cosplayer. This is not because I don’t LURV cosplay, but I don’t really look like the girls in the movies, I don’t have a lot of frivolous spending money to just go costuming, and I am a bit of a perfectionist. That’s why, when I decided to work on a femme!Dean Winchester cosplay for the J2 Burbank Convention, I was nervous but kind of excited because Dean is just so simple. Jeans and a t-shirt, a flannel and a shitload of weapons, that’s my boy. Half of that stuff I have in my closet already, but in cosplay, it is the little details that make the outfit authentic. I’ve decided that I will represent Dean’s signature tee and flannel look. Since November in California isn’t terribly cold, I’m not going to worry about the leather jacket, instead, I’m going for the Destiel look, with a special printed “I Wuv Cas” shirt, the epic handprint (drawn on), plus a slew of adorable accessories to compliment an otherwise fairly normal tee shirt, boots and denim ensemble.
I am currently putting together my Supernatural Con outfit and I need your help, Collectors. I’ve decided on a few key items, but after that, I am open to suggestion. The con is at the end of November, I am poor and I don’t want to ignore the fact that I am a voluptuous and feminine woman, so those are my criteria. Here are my ideas.
The Collectiva Diva
My outfit will definitely include this adorable shirt. As soon as I found it, I knew Jensen needed to see me in this.
If I go the denim skirt route, this length color and style will be what I chose. I love the idea of wearing really high boots with this adorable short skirt.
Jeans are always a good idea to buy. Dean is always in denim, but if I go in that direction, I won’t buy the high boots. Le sigh.
I need plaid but I dislike the “lumberjack look” a whole lot. Except on Sam and Dean. Then, it’s hot.
These are the tall boots if I go with the skirt. Cuuuute!
These combat boots might fit the jeans better than the tall boots.
Just so YOU know this is what I ship.
On to the details, the cosplayer’s bestest friend.
Can’t forget Dean’s baby, the Impala.
Ruby’s Knife, $22, HayesReplicas on Etsy (sold out!)
- Creation Entertainment Presents: J2 and the Supernatural Cast (minus Misha) (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Supernatural marathon, Friday the 13th, Nail Art, Nail Mail and Supernatural. (worldofnailcraft.com)
- Geek Chic: Doctor Who Cosplay (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Geek Chic: Crossplay for the Ladies (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Geek Chic: ‘Supernatural’ Cosplay (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Best Thing Ever of the Day: Supernatural By Numbers (geek-news.mtv.com)
- Nerdy Fashion: Supernatural Edition (3chicgeeks.com)
- Supernatural Season 2: “Roadkill” (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)