Dexter Season 8 has seen our favorite serial killer up against not only a new kind of killer in the Brain Surgeon but also Dexter’s own demons. With his relationship with Deb deteriorating and generally in flux, his day job with the Miami Police department a constant threat to Dexter’s night time activities and his own moral compass of Harry’s Code in question, it seems that life is irrevocably shifting for dear old Dex.
Since we met Dexter back in 2006, we’ve learned a few things about what he is capable of and what his limits are. He is emotional about his family, he can’t keep a (sane) girlfriend, he needs Harry’s Code to function as human, he will do damn near anything not to get caught, and he has mommy issues. Season 8 reminds us of these weaknesses and raises the question, what will Dexter do when he has to make a choice between some of his obvious vices? Deb or Hannah? Freedom or confinement? Harrison or himself?
- Dexter’s Long and Winding Road to the Finale (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Dexter Reflects on the Future (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- ‘Dexter’: How Will The Series End? (hollywoodlife.com)
- Dexter Doesn’t Have a Chance (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- There’s Never a Good Time for Finger Stew (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Dexter and his Life (and Death) Choices (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Talk About the End of Dexter Morgan (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Dexter Goes Out Like a Bearded Gangster (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Watch the Dexter Series Finale Tonight (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)