What the f*&$ is “cosplay”?? WATCH THIS and find out.
Cosplay takes a lot of preparation, heart and investment–both time and sometimes financial. At cons, cosplayers come in all shapes, sizes, ages and genres; it’s like Halloween for geeks but with more moving parts. But don’t get us wrong, cosplay isn’t simply about dressing up, it’s about showing attention to detail and honoring the idea of a character you (or your parents) friggen adore. If you’re headed to SDCC2013 this weekend, you will probably see some pretty cool costumes, but don’t stop to take too many pictures of small children or you will look suspicious. Instead, let The Collective do all the leg work. We have scoured the interwebs for the best child-centric cosplay outfits and here are our top 10. We will shy away from the typical, generic dress up costumes and get right into the committed-nerd-parents-have-designed-an-epic-costume cosplay ideas.
1) Princess Amidala, Star Wars prequels
2) A Dalek, Doctor Who
3) Captain Mal and Kaylee, Firefly
4) Yautja, Predator
5) Harry Potter family cosplay
6) Iron boys, Iron Man
7) The 10th and 11th Doctor, Doctor Who
8) Cruella DeVille, 101 Dalmations
9) Hell Boy cosplay
10) Edward Scissorhands cosplay
The Collectiva Diva
**DISCLAIMER**I do not own, nor claim to own, any photos contained herein. If one of these is your original work, please let us know so that we may give credit where credit is due.
- More Awesome Cosplay Pictures (mbtimetraveler.com)
- Cosplay (bernajanebobong.wordpress.com)
- Hurry up to get your Naruto Costumes (cosplaycostumes2013.wordpress.com)