The time of the summer blockbuster is here. (You may argue that it’s been here since Star Trek: Into Darkness arrived, but you’re wrong.) Over the next few months, I fully intend to sit my ass in a movie theater and enjoy their air conditioning that I don’t have to pay for.
Summertime is a good time for movies just for that reason, but it also means that we shouldn’t expect any soul-stirring emotional dramas. Get ready for lots of guns, explosions, and pathetically witty dialogue.
These are my summer must-sees:
- The Wolverine. In theaters July 26.
- Cockneys v. Zombies. In select theaters August 2.
- Kick-Ass 2. In theaters August 13.
- The World’s End. In theaters August 23. (I’m coming for you, Martin!)
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. In theaters August 21.
What are you most looking forward to watching this summer?