Author: Cassis Luna
Read the story here
Ok, I swear that I don’t only read slash fanfic…that may or may not be a lie. I’ll never tell. Regardless, I’m a sucker for the we-used-to-hate-each-other-now-we-lust-after-each-other trope. All that angry frustration turned into sexual frustration?
This fic takes place after the fall of Lord Voldemort (and if you’ve never read the books and didn’t know that, I take no pity on you because you’ve lived under a fucking rock), and Harry and his friends return to Hogwarts to complete an eighth year and receive their NEWTs. Ginny Weasley, Harry’s ex-girlfriend and keeper of the secret of the Boy-Who-Lived’s sexuality, hexes Harry with the LipLock Jinx, which essentially turns Harry Potter into the Little Mermaid until he snogs the object of his desire: former Death Eater Draco Malfoy.
This fic is well-written and is a humorous relief to all the angsty, unrequited love Harry/Draco fics out there (not that I don’t love me some angst…). The longer Harry resists breaking the curse, the more hilarious the reaction from his Hogwarts classmates. My favorite moment occurs when Madame Hooch rescues Harry from the Great Hall and a horde of girls who believe they can make Harry speak again. It’s a bit of tongue-in-cheek as the author has the characters in the story fangirling over the character that us readers fangirl over constantly.
All in all, it’s fun and it’s got a nice slow development to the Harry/Draco relationship; most importantly, Cassis Luna pays attention to the changes in the wizarding world after the fall of Lord Voldemort.
My rating: A-
- Fanfic Wednesday: “Alone on the Water” (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Fanfiction: It’s Like Nerd Heroin (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Fanfic Wednesday: “Just a Little Heat” (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Fanfic Wednesday: Destiel’s Greatest Hits (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Fanfic Wednesday: “The Soul Piece” (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)
- Fanfic Wednesday: Slanted Light (acollectivemind.wordpress.com)